Learn on how-to-play for real money and win with our online roulette tutorial. It can be helpful for both beginners as well as a guide for the experts.
Roulette is one of the most popular casino table games of all time. It combines a style of play that is easy to learn with high potential payout rates and strategic options. With its popularity, it is also one of the most-loved games in online casinos.
To be able to win, you must not rely solely on luck. First, you must know and learn the rules with online roulette. There is a different set of rules for each type of game. We’re pretty sure that you would not want to risk your hard-earned money for nothing.
Online Roulette Tutorial: The Roulette Wheel and Table
To start our online roulette tutorial, you have to understand the use of the roulette as well as the table.
The roulette is a spinning wheel that sits in a bowl. It has a metal ball that spins around the edge of the bowl. Eventually, friction and gravity cause the ball to fall into one of the pockets on the spinning wheel. Players have a variety of bets they can place, all of which win or lose based on the number of where the ball lands.
The roulette table is made up of boxes marked 1-36, and the numbers are split evenly between black and red. There is also a green zero and, in some, including a double-zero as well. Also called “the inside” wherein a player can place bets on the number of your choice.
“The outside” on the other hand is arranged around the number-grid with more betting options a player can choose. These bets are a different set of numbers, including odd or even, red or black, and others.
Online Roulette Tutorial: The Basic Rules
Online roulette rules are pretty straightforward. You place wagers on numbers or group of numbers, and then the wheel spins. If your number comes up, or if you bet on a group that includes the number comes up, you win. If not, then you lose.
Although, many online casinos require players to download a software client before playing their games. These tend to have more realistic sound effects and graphics. The download can play for free or for real money. Other online casinos also offer live dealer casino games. These games are usually played with actual casino equipment. Also, it has a live dealer and croupiers for these kinds of games.
Online Roulette Tutorial: The Gameplay
The gameplay process is quite similar to play online casino games. First, the player will choose a wager to place on the game board and place the chips on the desired location corresponds to the number of groups of numbers that the player will be wagering on.
Then, the croupier will spin the wheel with a small, marble-sized ball. And the ball will land in position for one of the numbers on the wheel.
Lastly, the players are then given payouts if they win. These prizes are proportionate to the risk in the bet. Therefore, the higher the risk, the higher the reward.
However, these steps may seem easy to understand. Things get a little more complicated when it comes to individual bets. It includes the styles of the game and other options. Along these lines, the rules for the forms of play and the payouts that a player can get.
Online Roulette Tutorial: Understanding Types of Roulette
There are various types of roulette with the same basic gameplay, no matter what version. We will look into the three main versions of the game – the American, European, and French roulette. Also, payout rates can vary a bit on these types.
American roulette is available in many online casinos where you can also play online slots. It has a double-zero on both the wheel and the table layout. In the table layout, 00 is directly beside the 0. But it lies on the exact opposite of the single 0 on the wheel.
European roulette is a much more player-friendly version. It has just one green zero. The upside is that it is twice as favorable to the player odds-wise than American roulette. There is no double-zero with this version. Therefore, players cannot make the five-number top line bet includes 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3.
French roulette has its outstanding unique selection of table layout that looks like a racetrack. It allows players to give players an easy way to bet on different combinations of numbers. There are three main fixed bets and a variable bet.
Other Benefits of French Roulette
The two other differences in the French version of the game are vital to understanding as they improve the player’s odds of winning: La Partage and En Prison.
- La Partage – is a bet when player bets on black, red, odd, or even and the ball lands on 0, the casino will pay 50% of player’s bet.
- En Prison – Similar to La Partage, its rule kicks in when the ball lands on 0 and player bets on a color, odd/even. The dealer will place a marker on the bet, and if it wins on the next spin, it will return the player’s bet.
Online Roulette Tutorial: Types of Bets and Payouts
Players can have better odds of hitting a winner by spreading out bets in lots of different numbers. However, a player can still get a big chance with just once number and be lucky enough for a big win. Roulette gives players options of splitting bets between multiple numbers. Players only have to place bets on the lines and intersections of the grid.
Inside Roulette Bets
When a player is betting on the inside, they are betting on the grid of numbers. Here are the different types of inside bets.
- Straight-up – Is a bet on just one number on the grid with a 35:1 payout. Players place this bet by putting the chips in the center of the number’s place on the table.
- Split – Players can bet on two numbers that have adjacent sports on the table, even if they are no consecutive numbers. To place a split wager, put your chips in the middle of the line separating the two numbers. And the payout for a split is 17:1.
- Street (Row) – street or row bet is a wager on three consecutive numbers that appear in a row across the board. To bet, players place chips on the center of the outside line of the row, with a payout of 11:1.
- Corner – if four numbers come together at the same point, creating a two-by-two grid of spots, then players can place a corner wager. That is a bet on all four numbers by placing chips directly on the corner. The payout for this bet is 8:1.
- Double Street – Also knows as the six-line bet with a 5:1 payout. To make this bet, place your chips on the outside edge on the corner where the two streets meet.
Outside Roulette Bets
Around the outside of the grid of numbers on the roulette table, you will see various boxes that list like red, black, odd, or even. These are the outside bets, and the words represent what a player can bet.
Outside bets with 1:1 payout rate
- Red or Black – These are wagers on numbers that appear with a red or black background, respectively. Players win by landing a number that has the corresponding background color.
- Even or Odd – A type of wager on even or odd wins on a number from 1-36. Whether it is even or odd, respectively, neither of these bets wins if the result is a green 0 or 00.
- 1-18 or 19-36 – This is another even money bet that’s easy to understand. If a player’s number is in one of these two ranges, then the player wins. If not, then the player loses.
Outside bets with 2:1 payout rate
- Dozen Bets – These are bets on the ranges 1-12, 13-24, and 25-36. They work similarly to the 1-18 and 19-36 chances except for the payout rate.
- Column Bets – Bets that are found in squares at the short end of the grid of numbers. Their squares are usually marked with “2:1” on the table. The payout if the winning number is present on the given vertical column with 12 different digits.